Die Vorgängerversion war sozusagen ein Pionier am iPhone, was professionelle Soundproduktion und -bearbeitung anbelangt. Die Zweier-Ausgabe (engl.) erschien im Februar 2011 und wurde noch erheblich verbessert. Normalpreis: 15,99, derzeit 7,99 € (zum zweiten Mal Alltime-Bestpreis). Ein umfassendes Eldorado für elektronische Soundproduzenten.
Herstellerangaben aus dem Store (alle Bildschirmfotos vom iPad):
BeatMaker 2: the most advanced mobile music workstation.
Combining music production tools that were behind the success of countless artists, BeatMaker 2 is a powerful, easy-to-use composition interface for amateurs and professionals alike.
Build your own virtual home-studio, create multiple instruments and connect them to a full-range of audio effects.
Compose, record, arrange and transform your ideas into complete songs, ready to be shared with others.
Import your own sounds or use the sound library provided: more than 170 high-quality instrument and drum presets from synthesizers to realistic orchestral sounds. You can even import songs from your iPod library!
Connect your MIDI accessories for an external control of BeatMaker’s instruments, effects and mixer, ideal for home-studio productions and live performances.
BeatMaker 2 is an universal application, with specifically designed interfaces for iPad and iPhone platforms.
Works on all iPhone, iPod and iPad models starting with third generation devices (iPhone3GS, iPod3G 32GB, iPad 1 & 2).
- Create multiple instruments with Drum Machine or Keyboard interface
- 10 effects to choose from: Reverb, Compressor, Filter, Delay, EQ, Flanger, Chorus, AutoPan, BitCrusher, Overdrive.
- 3 effect slots for each instrument, unlimited global effects racks, with customizable cross controllers.
- CoreMIDI support: connect your MIDI accessories to control instruments, effects and mixer.
* DRUM MACHINE:
- 128 trigger pads: 16 pads over 8 banks
- Chop Lab: Slice audio loops to automatically create new sound presets
- Control sound parameters on individual pad: volume, pan, mute, output bus, semitone, fine tune, reverse and autoscaling
- Low/high pass filter per pad
- Pad trigger modes: one-shot, hold & loop
- ADSR Envelope ADSR control for each pad
- Exclusive groups and polyphony management
- “Live” modes: trigger, mute, reverse, velocity and tune spreading.
- Pad copy & paste
* KEYBOARD SAMPLER
- 128-key keyboard with pitch wheel, double keyboard mode, note display and zoom controls
- Easily create your own instruments from any sample combination with the keygroup editor
- Volume and filter ADSR envelopes
- Low/high pass filter with key tracking
- 2 LFOs to control volume, pitch and filter parameters
- Polyphony control, up to 32 voices
- Legato play mode with glide
* MULTI-TRACK SEQUENCER
- Create unlimited instrument and FX tracks
- Automations: Record, edit and replay instrument and effect parameters
- Record, draw, arrange and resize patterns along the timeline to build your song
- Compose and modify patterns with a piano-roll interface. Edit notes, parameters and automations.
- Instrument and effect recording options: Quantize, take or partial undo, pre-roll, Overdub, note erasing.
- Includes multiple handy tools such as zooming
* WAVE EDITOR
- Full-fledged wave editor with intuitive interface for manipulating samples
- Basic edition tools: trim, cut, copy, paste, with undo/redo
- High quality time-stretching and pitch-shifting algorithms
- Audio tools: normalize, silence, reverse, fade in and out, cross-fade
- Record new samples from microphone or instruments
- Loop points and tempo/signature editor
* MIXER CONSOLE
- Realistic multi-track mixer with level meters
- Edit volume, pan, solo, mute and bus routing features for each track
* LARGE SOUND BANK INCLUDED
- 68 Drum Machine presets from all genres
- 111 Keyboard Sampler presets, from synthesizers to realistic orchestral instruments.
- More than 1800 quality samples to choose from
* SHARING & GLOBAL OPTIONS
- Native iPad & iPhone interfaces, Retina display
- Export your songs to Audio or MIDI files
- Transfer and manage your files from your computer using the integrated FTP server
- Import songs from your iPod library to create new remixes
- Share audio content with more than 20 other music applications using the iOS pasteboard
- Supports BeatMaker 1 kits and projects
What’s New in Version 2.1.2
- Add recording support for stereo microphones and audio docks
- Improves iPod import stability
- Resolves an issue where main output effects thumbnails would disappear
- Resolves an issue with corrupted project files
As we’re currently heading to submitting BeatMaker 2.2 to the App Store, here’s the massive list of new features coming in this free update:
- MIDI Out, Sync, Thru and MIDI-over-WiFi support
- Virtual MIDI inputs/outputs
- MIDI Hotplug
- MIDI Import: import MIDI files into the song sequencer and pattern editor
- Export individual patterns to MIDI files
- New Swing feature for recording and pattern editing
- DropBox file sharing support
- Revamped Sample Lab/Chop Lab. Now everything can be tailored within the same interface.
- Non-destructive chopping options
- Customize sample bounds per pad
- Automatically create track patterns from chopped samples
- Export song to individual audio tracks
- Added amount multiplier and invert ADSR options
- Support for Apple Loops slice points (reading & writing).
- Korg’s WIST support (synchronizes supported music apps playback).
- Other general improvements and iOS 5 related fixes
Aus der Website: “BeatMaker 2 is available for only $9.99 during Thanksgiving and Black Friday only!” 490 Megabyte Downloadvolumen.
Jay Elliot put together a well produced BeatMaker 2 tutorial, focusing on making a beat from sampled material.
Alternative: Universal-App NanoStudio, ebenfalls sehr empfehlenswert. Genauerer Test demnächst hier in diesem Theater!
Weitere Sound-Apps in der
Rossau-Kategorie iOS Musikproduktion